Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences - Stephanie Fisher, Forensic Scientist
- Please tell us about your experience with the DiscovIR –GC.
- Our experience with the GCIR has been very positive for the use of analyzing and differentiating isomers.
- How has the DiscovIR helped you solve your challenges?
- The instrument has helped us differentiate between isomers of TFMPP, MDMA and Methamphetamine as well as differentiating between pseudoephedrine, ephedrine, norpseudoephedrine and norephedrine, as well as other drugs of abuse that are difficult to identify with a GC/MS.
- Has your experience with Spectra’s technical support exceeded your expectations?
- Spectra’s technical support has far exceeded any and all expectations, I know when I call or email I will get a response and the help I need.
Ciba Vision - Peter Lackey Analytical Chemistry Group Leader
“We are very happy with the instrument. The DiscovIR paid for itself within a few months by identifying an unknown compound in a pilot plant project.”
R&D 100 Award
MARLBOROUGH, Mass. (September 5, 2008) – Spectra Analysis, a leading provider of hyphenated HPLC and GC / FTIR detection, announced today that R&D Magazine has selected the DiscovIR-LC™ for its prestigious 2008 R&D 100 Award. The DiscovIR-LC is a breakthrough, hyphenated FTIR detector technology for HPLC (High Performance Liquid Chromatography).
Dubbed “the Oscars of Invention" by The Chicago Tribune, the winning of an R&D 100 Award “provides a mark of excellence known to industry, government, and academia as testimony that the product is one of the most pioneering ideas of the year,” according to Tim Studt, editor-in-chief of R&D Magazine.